Course Update – CT47 Install Electrical Insulating Device
Our Content Development Team is busy updating and building new courses to keep you compliant. Updates and new courses are initiated by industry changes, internal reviews, and customer feedback. Our Management of Change (MOC) Documentation is available in Pinion’s Company Files and includes specific information on the affected components and overall impact.
The most recently updated task, CT47 – Install Electrical Insulating Device, focuses on explaining the methods and equipment used to electrically insulate pipe from electrical grounding systems, casing pipe, support structures, and buried structures. It also explains how to achieve lightning and ground fault protection, how to electrically isolate pipelines from other processes to reduce the risk of corrosion, and describes potential abnormal operating conditions. The task’s performance evaluation assesses an individual’s capability to install different types of insulating devices including flange kits, dielectric unions, isolation joints, PCRs, SSDs, non-metallic spacers, shields, and end seals and also assesses their ability to recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions.
Year to Date:
- CT0271 Prove Flow Meters E-Learning
- CT0291 Inspect, Test, and Maintain Gravitometers and Densitometers E-Learning
- CT06 Prevention of Atmospheric Corrosion Skills
- CT10 Inspect Pipe and Components When Exposed E-Learning, Skills
- CT1291 Locate Underground Pipelines Skills
- CT18 Inspection of Breakout Tanks Skills
- CT22 Inspect Valves Skills
- CT29 Moving In-Service Pipe Skills
- CT39 Operations of a Pipeline Skills
- CT39F Field Operations of a Pipeline Skills
- CT47 Install Electrical Insulating Device E-Learning, Skills
- CT60 General Abnormal Operating Conditions E-Learning
- OQ-PROC Proctor Training E-Learning
- CT01.2 Measure Structure-to-Electrolyte Potential E-Learning, Skills
- CT02 Maintain Test Leads E-Learning, Skills
- CT09 Monitoring for Internal Corrosion E-Learning, Skills
- CT06.2 Inspection of Coatings E-Learning, Skills
Management of Change Documentation is available in Pinion’s Company Files. Contact our Support Team at 337-769-9608 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help accessing it.