FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I cannot successfully log into my account.
Ensure with your account Administrator that you are entering the correct company ID. If you do not know your current password and your email address is attached to your account, you may reset your password by utilizing the “Forgot Password” feature on the log in screen.
Who can see my password?
Upon creation of an account, the account creator is required to set a password. Upon initial log in, the account holder is required to reset their password. Once this has occurred, only the account holder knows the password.
How can I reset my password?
• If you know your current password, you may reset it by logging into your account and editing the information listed in “Update Security Info” within “My Account”.
• If you do not know your current password and your email address is attached to your account, you may reset your password by utilizing the “Forgot Password” feature on the log in screen. Enter your Company ID, Username, and the email address for your account. Pinion Courier Service will send you an email containing a link to reset your password. You will be prompted to answer your chosen security question. Once correctly answered, you may reset your password.
• If you do not know your password and your email address is not attached to your account, you must contact one of your company’s account Administrators to request a password reset.
• If you do not know your password, your email address is not attached to your account, and you are your company’s only account Administrator, you must contact OQSG to request a password reset.
What is an “Administrator Account?”
Administrator account has administrative access to their company zone. They are the designated Management of Change contact, are able to create Users and Power Users, inactivate Users and Power Users, make assignments, run reports, reset User passwords, create locations, edit custom course content, modify custom course record status, and take courses.
What is a “Power User Account?”
Power User account has administrative access to their company zone. They are able to create Users, inactivate Users, make assignments, run reports, reset User passwords, and take courses.
Why am I asked for a “proctor” to log me into an assessment?
• OQSG Validated Courses: Must be overseen by an OQSG trained proctor.
• Owner Validated or Company Specific Courses: If your company uses proctors for other assessments they will be able to choose which courses require proctors and how they are trained.
What is a “proctor?”
• A proctor is a person who oversees a knowledge assessment.
• OQSG Proctors are trained according to OQSG Policy and their presence is required when Users complete OQSG knowledge assessments. OQSG Proctors are necessary to uphold the integrity of the assessment. The OQSG Proctor will check your identification and monitor the assessment to ensure that the assessment rules are followed.
How can I become a “proctor?”
• OQSG Validated Courses: OQSG’s Proctor Training is completed through Pinion LMS. The course takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour to complete and pass. Once passed, OQSG will add Proctor Permissions to your account.
• Owner Validated or Company Specific Courses: Contact your account Administrator to determine the proctor requirements for your company specific knowledge assessments.
What are “Proctor Permissions?”
Proctor Permissions give the ability to oversee knowledge assessments for a designated period of time.
Is there a cost to become a “proctor?”
• OQSG Validated Courses: OQSG Proctor Training to oversee OQSG validated courses are billed to the company. Prices are listed on Appendix A – Fee Schedule.
• Owner Validated or Company Specific Courses: There is no cost to become a “proctor” for your company specific courses (Pinion LMS seat charge still applies).
What is an “Evaluator Account?”
• OQSG Validated: An Evaluator can perform the same tasks as a Power User as well as oversee skills assessments. Work experience, references, knowledge qualifications, and training is required to become an OQSG Evaluator. Evaluator permissions are added to an account only after having submitted the required paperwork and having attended OQSG’s Evaluator Training class.
• Owner Validated or Company Specific Courses: An Evaluator can perform the same tasks as a Power User as well as oversee skills assessments. Contact your account Administrator to complete your company specific evaluator requirements.
How long should the OQSG Evaluator Candidate know his/her references?
The OQSG Evaluator Candidate must have three references that can verify that the candidate has a minimum of five years of work experience for each task they would like to be qualified to evaluate.
What is a “User?”
A User has limited access to their company zone. They are able to edit their account settings and take courses.
What are “files” on a “User” account?
Files can be added to any User account. Anything that should be associated with a User can be uploaded to their account. Upload items such as photos, documents, PDFs, or spreadsheets.
What is an “Active User?”
An “Active User” is an individual in your company zone that is actively taking courses or requires maintenance of records.
What is an “Inactive User?”
An “Inactive User” is an individual in your company zone that has been locked out by your company Administrator(s).
Why should an account be marked as “inactive?”
A company Administrator may inactivate an account because an individual has left the company or is no longer working on a job requiring Operator Qualifications.
What does it mean to be “Inactive?”
When a User is inactivated their account is locked. They cannot log into the account for any reason. Records on the account exist but will not be accessible nor will they be visible in data keepers such as ISN.
Can I restore an “Inactive User?”
Restoring, or “reactivating” an “inactive User” will reinstate the User’s ability to log into the account. Their previously acquired records will become accessible in Pinion and will be resubmitted to data keepers such as ISN.
How do I “reactivate an inactive User?”
A company Administrator can reactivate a User by going to the “Users” area in Pinion, filter for the User then select the check box to reactivate User. If you need assistance, please contact Support.
Where can I take the courses assigned to me?
Courses assigned to you are accessible in your “Dashboard.”
I’ve failed a course, but cannot retake it.
There is an 18 hour lock out after a failed OQSG knowledge assessment. The assessment can be attempted again after 18 hours have passed.
Who sends my records to ISNetworld?
Pinion LMS uploads records to ISN three times daily in at 5:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 7:30 PM (CST).
I cannot see my records in ISN.
There are two connection points between Pinion LMS and ISN. The first is your company’s ISN ID normally formatted as 400-######. The second is your employees’ individual, unique Employee IDs. The Employee ID must be entered into each User’s ISN profile under 3rd Party ID Numbers in the OQSG field.
I’ve edited a User’s OQSG 3rd Party ID Number in ISN and can no longer see their records.
Making edits to the 3rd Party ID Number disconnects ISN from Pinion LMS. Please contact Pinion Support for assistance at email@example.com
I can see records in an employee’s Quick Check, but not in OQ Reports.
Records visible in a User’s ISN Quick Check but not in their OQ Reports indicates that some requirement made by the Owner Client is missing. Refer to their Owner Task List to make sure the individual in question has completed all the required components, e.g. the individual has completed the written component of a course, but not the performance. Once all components are complete, records will be visible in OQ Reports.
How do I know which OQSG Covered Tasks equate to my Owner Client’s tasks?
Many owner clients list their Owner Task List in ISN. The Task List maps out the courses of each provider they accept.
SEATS, LICENSES, & CREDITS
What is a “seat?”
A seat is any User, Power User, or Administrator that has a completed assignment or attached file in Pinion LMS.
What is “license billing?”
License billing is a per User fee for each employee that has completed a course module within the selected libraries. This option provides unlimited access to the courses within the selected libraries and is billed on a quarterly basis.
What is “credit billing?”
Credit billing is an alternative billing type to license billing. Credit customers are billed for course access on a pay-per-view basis for each course component. Credits are billed per credit on a monthly basis.
Do credit customers pay for seats?
Credit customers pay for pay-per-view access to courses only. There is no additional functionality in the account other than course access.
Which libraries are available?
Topside Covered Tasks, Underwater Covered Tasks, Partial Skills Assessments, Health Safety & Environmental (PSO, CSO, Oilfield Incident Reporting, Rig Pass), Fatigue Management Series, HR & Leadership, Driving Safety, Health & Wellness, Workplace Safety, SEMS, International Business, and are available in Pinion LMS.
How is access to a course library billed?
Customers have two options for course library billing. License Billing is a per User fee for each employee that has completed a course module within the selected libraries. This option provides unlimited access to the courses within the selected libraries and is typically billed every quarter. Credit billing is a per course fee for every completed course module within the selected libraries. Click here for additional information about course libraries or contact Support for pricing details for your company.
Does Pinion generate certificates?
Pinion generates certificates for assignments with a “passed” status. Administrators can download or print a certificate by clicking on the ribbon icon to the right of the assignment from the “Assignments” tile. Users can download or print certificates by clicking on the ribbon icon to the right of the assignment from “Assignment History,” in the “My Assignments” area.
Where are the User Performance, Training, User List, and Qualification Status Reports?
Pinion’s Reports tile gives you the ability to run these reports and tailor them to your needs with filters, showing/hiding columns, conditional formatting, and sending by email.
Which reports are available in Pinion?
The Assignments Report is available to all Users in Pinion. Power Users and Administrators have access to additional reports (Courses Report, Evaluator Task List, Expiration, OQ Report, Proctors & Evaluators, and Users).
What are groups used for?
Users can be placed in groups to save time while making assignments. Assignments made to a group are assigned to each User within the group.
How do I create a group?
Groups are created within the “Users” tile. Click on the “Users” tile, click “Groups,” and click “Add New.”
How do I add Users to a group?
Users can be added to a group within the “Users” tile. Click on the “Users” tile, click “Groups,” click on the desired group, and click “Users.”
Is there a group size limit?
No, groups can be as large or as small as necessary.
Can a User be in more than one group?
Yes, a User can be in multiple groups.
How do I add an assignment to a group?
Assignments can be added to a group within the “Users” tile. Click on the “Users” tile, click “Groups,” click on the desired group, and click “Assignments.” Select a course from the drop down menu, click the checkbox of the desired course component, click “Submit and Close.”
How do I remove an assignment from a group?
Assignments can be removed from a group within the “Users” tile. Click on the “Users” tile, click “Groups,” click on the desired group, and click “Assignments.” Select the course that is to be removed from the drop down menu, click the checkbox of the desired course component to uncheck, click “Submit and Close.”
When are new assignment notifications sent?
Notification of a new assignment is sent at 4:00 AM (CST) each day.
How much notice do expiring proctors or evaluators receive to recertify?
Proctors and Evaluators are notified 90 days prior to their expiration.